Eric P. Hartwig, Ph.D. received his doctorate in Educational Administration from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, a M.S. in School Psychology and a B.S. in Psychology from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. He is experienced and licensed as a Director of Pupil Services, District Administrator and a School Psychologist. Presently, he is the Administrator of Pupil Services for the Marathon County Children with Disabilities Education Board and is the author and principle trainer on the Just-in-Time: Behavioral Initiative Project. Dr. Hartwig has done extensive research on discipline, school violence, psychoeducational assessment and related special education issues. In addition, Dr. Hartwig is the:
- Consulting Editor for Today’s School Psychologist.
- Author of a behavioral rating scale designed to identify and treat conduct and personality disorders in school age children.
- Co-author of the book: Discipline in the School, 2nd Edition, 2001.
- Co-author of a monograph, Disciplining Students With Disabilities: A Synthesis of Critical and Emerging Issues.
- Co-author of a law report, Disciplining Children With Disabilities: Balancing Procedural Expectations and Positive Educational Practice.
- Co-author of the article: Disciplining Students in Special Education, The Journal of Special Education, Vol. 33 (4) 2000.
- Co-author of eight videos:
- How to Make a Manifestation Determination
- How to Prepare For a Due Process Hearing
- Conducting Expulsion Hearings: A Step-by-Step Guide
- The 11th Hour: How to Handle the Pre-Expulsion Special Education Referral
- IEP's and the New IDEA
- Student Discipline and Section 504 Compliance: Striking the Balance
- Discipline Under the New IDEA
- Functional Behavioral Assessment: How to Do Them Right
- Author of four videos - What’s Happened to Discipline? Real-Life Approaches to Handling Student Behavior:
- The Foundations of Behavior
- A Balanced Approach to Discipline
- 12 Things to Remember
- The FBA in Action: A Quick Study
He has been an adjunct professor for the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Cardinal Stritch College-Milwaukee and for Aurora University-Wisconsin Campus. Dr. Hartwig is a well respected and noted speaker providing consultative services for numerous regional, state and national conferences.